Crispy Palak Pakora – Ganeshgrains
Crispy Palak Pakora
- 25 Spinach Leaves (Palak)
- 150 grams Ganesh Gram flour (Ganesh Besan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Carom seeds (Ajwain)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt, to taste
- Chaat Masala Powder, for sprinkling
- Cooking oil, for deep frying
CRISPY PALAK PAKORA RECIPE
- To begin making the Crispy Palak Pakora Recipe, first get all the ingredients ready.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the gram flour, turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder. Stir to combine well. Add a little water at a time to make a thick pakora batter.
- Preheat oil in a kadhai (wok) for deep frying. Once the oil has heated up sufficiently enough,
- Dip each spinach leaf in the batter to coat it evenly. Drop the leaf gently in the oil and fry it on a medium heat till the pakoras are crisp.
- Once the Palak Pakoras are golden brown and crisp, remove them from the oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Proceed the same way with the remaining spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle chat masala on Palak Pakoras and serve them hot with Date Tamarind Chutney, Green Chutney or even plain old Ketchup
- Note: If you don’t have baby spinach, you can use regular spinach, chop it finely and mix it into the batter to make the pakoras.